Monday, December 10, 2007

The past week....

Last Saturday we decorated the Christmas tree. Sawyer "helped" me put the ribbon on while Max finished his nap. Ben did a great job helping me put the ornaments on after the babies went to bed. Unfortunately, I was in such a hurry to get it done, I did not get a picture. Ben used the step stool and stood in one place to decorate. Most of his ornaments we "grouped" together. We had fun decorating. As you see in the pictures, the tree is surrounded by a large gate that we inherited from a friend. This has been VERY helpful. Max and (especially) Sawyer have been circling the tree all week. Sawyer has made off with a few glass ornaments and he goes running. Luckily, we have caught him every time and we think we now have everything moved out of reach. We often hear the whole tree go jingling which means Sawyer has a hold of a branch and is shaking the tree. We have a fake tree so we just go in and bend them all contorted so he can't reach them.

Note the green broom. Sawyer has been hauling this around. He loves it. He hasn't yet used it to swat at the tree, but it's not Christmas yet..... Sawyer has also taken to eating with a plate. For several weeks now he has been quite adamant that he have a utensil when he eats (no matter what it is) and now often he wants a plate too. He seems to have stopped throwing them.

The last picture is of Max. This little chair is in a corner behind kind of hidden in our Family Room. Max often goes and climbs into the chair. Last week I heard him talking and went to look and he was sitting in the chair reading a book. By the time I got back with the camera, he was on his way out. It was very cute. Max is really starting to do good walking. He is a cute walker. I have a great video clip I took on my camera and have been unable to get it on the blog. I will keep trying.

Ben continues to do great. He has a busy schedule of school and play dates. He is a wonderful big brother and often makes the little boys laugh. Ben is in a discovery stage in regards to reading. I often hear him sounding out words he sees on signs when we are in the car. It must be nice to finally be able to read all of the words around you.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Chelsea said...

Okay I just finished reading all of your entries and I am exhausted. Honestly, how do you do all of that!?! And the "trip." Is sounds more like a torture technique. Kudos to you for even trying such an adventure. I don't know if I could have handles that by myself much less with my family. Someone would have had to be giving me crackers and bottles as well. But seriously, I am jealous. I wish I could get up the gumption to start exploring America. It has so many great stories. We sure miss you!

Maggie said...

Steph, my sister recommended PhotoBucket as an easy way to get videos onto your blog. I've only done it through blogger but she says Photobucket is easier and has more features. I'm going to try it this weekend when I put up my vacation pictures. Good luck...and as always, cute pictures!!